What has your infant gone through?

My 7 mos. old has been to the Er twice for falling on her head. Has had one cat-scan and just got over the swine flu. A co-worker had a baby 1 mos. before me and so far nothing has happened to her kid. Her only horror story was "she sometimes smashes her head into the crib bars." Are some kids just more accident prone or what? What has happened to your kid(s) so far?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby is 7 weeks old & he's healthy as can be :) thank God
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I should add that all these falls happened when she was learning to crawl/sit up. She did both at 6 mos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My daughter has bumped her head once and she passed out for a few seconds. She was fine and dr said she did not need to go to er. My son had surgery bc his testicles did not drop,other than that they are both great and are now 4 and 3 years old.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 12:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 16 month old has never had any health/physical issues. She does get sick when she is teething, but that is normal. She has gotten little bruises/scrapes, but that is from being a kid.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• nothig yet!! but his a boy so i know i will have alot in the future lol. as for my dd she is 30 mts. she has asthma,eczema, she has gotten the rotovirus 4 times always ebnded up in the hopsital. she has had 2 febreral seizures, and alot of colds. she has busted her lips to many times. fallen of the bed, she ran into teh door and got a black eye. she is very active so she gets a new boobo every day
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my son had horrible colic for 5 months, couldn't handle my breastmilk, screamed everytime he ate til he was 12 months old even after 5 formula changes, he now can't drink milk or have dairy, he has pooping issues no one can seem to narrow down to why which causes stomache aches and rotten moods, allergies to dogs, got rotavirus at 12 months old and was in the ER 2 times for that, gets a cold or virus I swear every 6 weeks, last week was running on the street and fell over his own feet and scabbed up his face. this poor kid. I don't know why but I am sick all the time too, it could be an immunity issue but I can't find a ped to not tell me " oh he'll grow out of it"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My youngest has had RSV and spent 4 days in the hospital. Otherwise healthy. My oldest had heart defects. So had open heart surgery at 8 months. She has had tubes twice. Tonciles and adnoides removed and still can trip over her own feet most days. She went most of age 1-2 with a bruise on her head cause she was always falling when she was learning to crawl and walk. Now it is mostly scuffed knees but she is getting better. She has had a long road let me tell you.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 1:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The only problem we have had with my son was his jaunice when he was born. I had to take him to the hosp when he was 5 days old because he was EXTREMLEY lethargic and wouldn't wake up to eat or even when I changed his diaper (which at that time he usually screamed every time). While a good friend of mine had her baby girl last Dec. and she ended in in the hosp with RSV and that led to many many medical complications and she eventually passed away April 7, 2009. We Love you Gracie!!!! It has made me SO much more grateful for my sons health.
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 2:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009