I Think Im Hungry, But The Thought Of Food Makes Me Sick.

Im 5 Weeks Pregnant. I Think Im Showing And Having These Sickning Feeling A Bit To Earily... But Just The Thought Of Eatting Makes Me Sick! I Get This Heartburn Feeling, Then My Mouth Gets All Watery, Then My Belly Knots, My Legs Go Weak, And I Have To Make A Mad Dash To The Restroom Before I Throw Up On The Floor... I Do Feel A Little Better After I Eat, But Its Really Hard To Hold My Food Down When Im Still Trying To Eat. It Sucks.

I Know The Whole "Eat Crackers, Small Picky Foods" But Its Just Not Working.

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 12:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Welcome to pregnancy, girl! Good Luck... Maybe some carbonated water...
    burning_woman

Answer by burning_woman at 1:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Get some good natural ginger ale. I like Reed's brand. They're a little spicy, but just one small sip should calm your belly. If it gets worse, you start feeling weak or dizzy, call a doctor and get some help right away. Make sure you try to drink plenty of fluids. Throwing up that much can make you dehydrated, and that's never a good thing. Also, I think you can find them at some pharmacies, call first, but ask for Preggie Pops. I've heard they help. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• zantac has helped me a lot, my Dr ok'd it. i just try to force something light every few hours, b/c it seems worse if the hungry feeling comes on. if you can't keep anything at all down, the Dr can give you rx for phenegran so you don't become dehydrated, last pregnancy i had to get the topical kind.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009