Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do?

not sure where to post this. i have 2 teen that is 13 and 15. there father hasn't been in there lives for 7-8 yrs. he has came back in there lives 2 months ago. we are still legally married, but i have been taking care of these kids without any help from him. i did let my kids go to his house last weekend, and now it is just causeing trouble. i have asked the father to ask me b4 he ask the kids to do stuff, and he went and asked my son to go this weekend with him and his family 200 miles away. i told him no, but he says if our son wants to go he is going to take him anyway. my sons probation officer already said my son couldn't go anywhere with his father. so what i'm asking is what can i do to make sure he don't take him. please help me.

Answer Question

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 1:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • The probation officer needs to inform the father of the law and what will happen if the boy leaves town.

    Answer by EireLass at 1:10 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

  • I agree. Tell the probation officer the issue - this will also make you not responsible. the nerve, to leave their lives for 7-8 years and try to make rules and change yours ish!

    Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

  • I agree with the other moms- talk to the probation officer and inform him/her of the situation-- that way if dad does take your son you are not going to be held responsible- it will all come back on dad. I hope all works out!

    Answer by MizLee at 2:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.