Dreams about bad things happening to Dad?

My twins will be 3 on Friday and for the past few months they both have regularly had dreams about bad things happening to their daddy! They will come out of their rooms in the morning crying because they think he is hurt or stuck somewhere. They tell me exactly what happened to daddy and they are adament that he is in trouble. It happens about once a week with both of them. For example, my daughter came out this morning saying daddy was stuck in a vent. I asked how he got stuck in the vent and she said the pillow fell out of his hands and he was trying to get it and fell into the vent and got stuck. A few weeks ago my son was sure that daddy was trapped in his car at work and was bleeding from his hand. I finally texted their dad and he called and talked to Thomas and told him he was okay. That was the only thing that would calm him down! Should I be worried about this?

frat_twin_mama

Asked by frat_twin_mama at 1:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter and I both have bad and graphic dreams. I talk to her about the dreams and let her know thats all they are. We also started turning her pillow over (she thought the dreams were from the pillow) and then she would have good dreams. Is there anything that they could be hearing on TV during the day or picking this up from? The best thing I can say is listen to them and let them tell you about the dreams. Maybe it will help them stop having them.
    jessicazeksmom

Answer by jessicazeksmom at 7:28 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• No one? Please let me know if I should be freaked out that my kids are having such bad and graphic dreams about their dad!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 5:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't know what to tell you. YOu may want to ask your doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009