UK vaccinates IN schools - teen dies...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33070294/

Natalie Morton died in a hospital Monday, a few hours after being the given the Cervarix vaccine, which protects against two strains of the human papilloma virus that causes cervical cancer. She was vaccinated at her school in Coventry.

Morton appeared to be healthy before being given the jab. Caron Grainger, director for public health at Coventry City Council, said an autopsy will be carried out to see if there is any link between Morton's death and the vaccine.

The school principal, Julie Roberts, said a few other girls also reported being unwell after receiving the vaccine and some were sent home.

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 1:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "Morton's death comes as doctors begin to give children a vaccine against swine flu in a clinical trial. Doctors across England have begun administering one of two vaccines to 1,000 children between the ages of 6 months and 12 years. One of the vaccines is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline and the other by Baxter. The trial aims to see which one is most effective on children."

Right - because children should be lab rats! WTF is wrong with people??
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Wow I'm sorry, but if they want to do clinical trials of their vaccine they should just do it on willing adults who know what they are getting into and can make that decision for themselves, not children sho are not allowed to make their own decisions. As a parent, I wouldn't subject my child to a brand new vaccine that has not been thoroughly tested.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The article doesn't say....did the parents give their consent for their daughter to be vaccinated? And I think there's no question that the vaccine was the cause of death. The child was perfectly healthy before the vaccination.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Well I ahve a boy so I don't have to deal with that one inpartucular but this is what I mean I am real nervouse with the swine flu shot....You never know what will happen, it may take weeks or months to figure out if there is anything wrong. How many of you moms seen the comericals for LAW OFFICES talking about meds that were so called FDA approved and safe now look at whats happened with that...
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• jaw dropWhat! Thats ridiculous! Trials on children??!! Seriously. I can't ever imagine doing something so stupid to my children!

BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Korysmom, I agree! Just like Tylenol recalling things like infant drops from over a year ago! Ridiculous!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Anon 1:24 - the story is from the UK they have UHC; I don't know if they need parental permission or not?? Anyone??
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Sep. 29, 2009 by: * beachmamaof2
    Anon 1:24 - the story is from the UK they have UHC; I don't know if they need parental permission or not?? Anyone??

__________________
    Universal Health Care of not, you should still need parental consent for treatment of a minor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• How do we know what is right or not, what Vaccine not to give our kids. My older daughter had it and thank goodness she is fine, but younger one is due in a year or so.

It is such a hard decission to make, I would like the results before I blame the vaccine. They say she appeared to be healthy before being given the jab. Was she healthy or not???
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Anon - should and do are two different things...here's what I found about parental consent in the UK re: this vaccine:

"Background: In the UK, parental consent for the routine vaccination of 12-13 year olds schoolgirls against human papillomavirus (HPV) is recommended, although legally girls may be able to consent themselves. As part of a vaccine study conducted ahead of the National HPV Vaccine Programme we sought the views of school nurses on vaccinating girls who did not have parental consent."

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009