How to I help my cjild adjust to pre-school?

My daughter just started pre-school a feww weeks ago and since starting she has been very emotional. Even her teacher has issues with her at school. The littlest things trigger her crying. What do I do how can I help her adjust? I work full time and so she is at her school all day. She was previously in a daycare so her being away from me all day is nothing new to her. I dont know what else to do to help her adjust.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Just sounds like she's not ready for the structured environment.

If it were me, I'd probably put her back in her old daycare.

Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I know she's little, but have you tried asking her what it is that has her so upset or what she doesn't like? What are the differences between the pre-school and day care overall? In day care was she able to take something with her like a dolly or blanket? Have her teachers mentioned any other issues or problems that she's having - like anything more specific? It's kind of hard to suggest some ideas with so little information on the problems she's having with school. It could be so many things. Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. Good Luck!!!
    neonds13

Answer by neonds13 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• My son just turned 3 last week,and he started preschool a month ago.He had a rough time for the first week or so because this was the first time he had been away from me and his dad (except for when my parents watch him).His teacher suggested we just put him on the bus and let him cry it out a little bit because he would realize it was ok over-time. She also suggested letting him put one of his favorite stuffed animals in his backpack that he could cuddle with when he got really upset. It's been a month now,and every once in awhile he still cries a few minutes when we put him on the bus,but once he's down the road he's all done-and the teacher said there hasnt been any crying at school in a couple of weeks.All kids adjust differently-sometimes it just takes TIME...Good Luck!!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 8:45 AM on Oct. 4, 2009