Only scared of men?

Just this week, and I wish for the life of me I could remember exactly when this began, but my 2 year old daughter started acting very afraid of strangers, men or older boys.

She hides her eyes and runs to me. She has talked and talked about how scared she is of them! Please tell me this has happened with someone else? I hope nothing has happened. I'm with her usually!

Asked by TXdanielly at 11:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hey actually my daughter had the same fear when she was 1-2. Just theres something different about males i guess the dominance of them that scares little girls. My daughter soon grew out of it, But it can get hard. It wont hurt to talk to a doctor but to me it sounds normal. I hope this helps and you can msg me anytime!

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I can only imagine how you feel,it must be so hard for you seeing your little girl act like that and not know why. i don't want to scare you but i don't think this is normal and even if it is  it wont hurt to talk to her doctor about it.
    I'll pray that everything turns out OK i wish you the best luck,

Answer by YAJALEX at 12:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I have 3 boys ages 4,2 and 1 and all my boys are the same way! and they are boys my boys are always with me i am a Stay at home mom and the only male they ever see is my dad and there dad so when the pest control guy comes or we are at a store and a guy says hi to them they run to me and hide.

Answer by demonfairy23 at 4:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It could be a phase, I've heard of this often. But try to get her to articulate (as well as she can for her age) exactly why she's afraid. Do not be shy to ask the questions you really want to know. If there is a problem, assure her that she can be safe with you. Also, be sure of what television and movies she is viewing. Personally, as a child I was 'afraid' of red headed people because of a certain movie...

Answer by handsomebabyj at 11:29 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It is usually a phase my daughter also went through this and not too long after she was terrified of the bath tub, she was afraid she would go down the drain...hold on phases come phases go.

Answer by rosetoes at 6:08 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My daughter went through this phase when she was about 12 -15 months when she was introduced to new male figures that she had never seen before there's nothing you can really do but wait it out but if you feel like something is wrong you should not hesitate to take her to a doctor and get her checked out

Answer by trying2staysane at 10:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Thanks, I feel like it is passing already... I have been telling her she doesn't have to when relatives (male) ask her to come over, and I can tell she clearly doesn't want to and that seems to help...

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2008