mucus plug ???

i am 33 weeks pregnant and experiencing some excess discharge it is thick and some what multi colored is this my mucus plug and should i notify my doctor .......what did you experience

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mucus plug (sorry this will be graphic) was dark yellow and VERY think, almost like a fruit snack in consistency. It had blood streaked through it and I saw this type of mucus for about 4-5 days in a row. If it's like that, then yes, call your doctor. The doc may not be worried if no other signs of labor are present, but mucus with blood in is definitely merits a phone call every time.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i agree with the first answer but it is best for you to check with dr. but one thing i noticed with my mucus plug it was more like thick snut. i know sounds gross. and if it is your mucus plug it means your getting closser o havving baby. yeah!!!!!
    cat260

Answer by cat260 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just one more thing... at 33 weeks, any spotting of blood or mucus plug type discharge merits a concerned phone call. If you do deliver in the next week or so, your baby will probably be fine, but will have to stay in the neo-natal intensive care unit for a while. My niece was born at 34 weeks and stayed for 11 days. That was an extremely short amount of time for a baby born that early. Good luck!
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009