Used car or New car?

My SO and i are getting an 2010 or 2011 SUV w/i a few months and we want new , but then again used wouldnt be bad. If we get used we want it not OLD .. maybe 08-09-10 nothing less ...

what would you choose?
the ones we picked are:
cadilac escalade , durrango , 300 , range rover ...
lol cant decide on what one!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Shopping

• I used to always ONLY buy new. Then I came to my senses! Recent years used is good, and typically has a warranty still, or you can negotiate a longer warranty. Look at the economic market we're in and you're most likely to get a deal on used. For me....those are all HUGE vehicles. Too big for me. The only ones I've been in are the Cadillac and the Range Rover. The Caddy is great comfort, the Range Rover is not as comfy as the price tag would insinuate.

EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 1:32 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I always buy used. New cars lose value the minute you drive them off the lot. Not to mention they are all overpriced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you can still get a 2010, you just have to look around. sometimes people bring them back because they cant afford it, or there wives make them, lol. either way, it'll prob. be a few thousand dollars cheaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

---
    Price isnt an issue ... we're in need of a car asap lol and we dont care about price right now lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

--
    we dont want something someone owned though. we have a dealership around here that lets his (the owners) kids use them everyweekend and never lets the buyers know! we want never owned lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I always buy new because a good friend of the family owns a Chevy, Cadillac & Pontiac dealership here and we always get high trade in on our cars and pay employee cost for vehicles. Hence why DH and I own 2 cars each. I have a 2009 escalade hybrid and a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP. They are both wonderful vehicles. DH and I looked at Range Rovers, but they are not worth the $$$. An oil change on a range rover cost $600.00 bucks and the tires....haha! Please look at ALL maintenance on a vehicle before you buy. An oil change on my escalade cost $34.99 and if I have a problem I can bring it to any Chevy dealership. Range rover is just ridiculous with the up keep. My G8 is my main highway driver, it gets better gas mileage than my hybrid when I travel a lot with business, we call the Cadillac the grocery go getter and family traveler.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Buy used and save your money. It depriciates almost 5,000$ the minute you drive it over the curb. Dont buy a durango. It looses alot of value over the years. Do some research. Look up several brands and their price tag as new, then go one year back and see what Kelly Blue Book says they are worth as a trade in with average miles (15k a year). The one with the biggest difference,,,dont buy it!!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I ueually buy new as I am eligible for the GM family discount on new cars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• oops- I meant usually... not ueually- sorry for the typo
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I will never buy new again it's equivalent to doing a two then using your money as tp.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009