Can you dye crib sheets?

Does anyone know if it is safe to dye crib sheets or would that be harmful to the baby. It's just an idea bc I can't find any hot pink sheets and thought maybe I could dye some.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont see why not...the ones you buy from the store would be dyed...as long as you follow the directions on the bottle and wash them b4 using
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I wouldnt. Babies slobber and spit up a bit and it might make the dye bleed. It may color the baby's skin. I've always used plain white sheets. And hot pink is going to be a very hard color to get once you've washed it. It will fade alot.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 2:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yeah I never thought about that. I'm making my own bedding and the main color is hot pink so that's why I was wondering.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009