What is the process of getting my son into a special school becxause all the public school seats are filled up and I don't think it's fair that my son is being denied a chance to learn something at 4 years of age because I can teach him so much but rarely enough so somebody help me please with some resources of what to do or who to call in this matter?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 2:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in

• umm...if its public school, he has to meet the age requirement to attend school--The schools have to place him if he is eligable to attend.. they cant deny him bc they are full...Im not sure what the real reason is but you can call your local school system and find out options.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 2:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Pre-school is not something the state is required to provide to you. He's too young to enter Kindergarten.

Sounds like you're looking for free daycare.

How can you teach him so much but rarely enough?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• IF he is only 4, the schools only have a certain amount of spots open in their early childhood programs. They do NOT have to take all kids that are eligible. Preschool and early childhood education are not mandartory programs. If you want your child in preschool, then find a preschool for him to be in. Public preschools do NOT have to take everyone. Also, he has to meet age requirements for kindergarten.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• uh... tyfry.. isn't that what i said?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• he isn't being denied he is too YOUNG! You can work with him at home or place him in a preschool program...My daughter is a late start so she is 4 will be 5 in a month so she is doing a Montessorri Preschool Program and she can work ahead in areas she is advanced end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2009