Am I most likely still infertile?

We conceived our first son on the first try. Apparently, I never ovulated again until I used Clomid to conceive our second son. Hormonal birth control is not really working out for me (mood swings, killing my sex drive). I'm thinking of going off of it and looking into other methods, but I wonder if I am even fertile? Could having that second baby "jump start" my cycle, so to speak, or am I most likely still infertile? Just wondering about what your experience has been.

elwalters77

Asked by elwalters77 at 2:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You dont know till you try. Stranger things have happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You will have to go off all hormones for a cycle or two then be evaluated by your dr. to find out if you are infertile. But yes having a child (1st, 2nd, or 12th, lol) can "reset" your reproductive system, so if you aren't ready for/don't want a #3 don't count on infertility to prevent it. If you are ready for another blessing, your dr. is the best person to answer this question. Either way Good Luck and congrats on your 2 boys, lil late but better than never, lol.     big smile mini

txgrl4lf

Answer by txgrl4lf at 3:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You have to go off the birth control first. No one can tell you anything without that coming first.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Well I was pregnant with my first baby at 16 and had an abortion, it took me 3 years to get pregnant again, I had even lost hope. So don't loose it cause one day you're going to be surprised with a belly.
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 8:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009