Do you think it is useless to point out your friends flaws?

I have a friend who is a 'user'. She uses everyone for something. She borrows or gets help to purchase things or have you drive her kids somewhere. I see it clearly. I like her and have over looked it in the past. Recently she pissed me off. Asking me to go to an appointment for dr. together (mammo). So I put mine off. Then when it was time to go she said can we put it off again. I was like ok. Then I said I am gong out of town can we do it when I get back. (I was also doing at the time of day to meet her needs) Okay ... then when I got back I called her she had done it while I was gone.
I am so annoyed. But I held my tongue then a few days later she said 'don't be mad at me.".. I said you just use people. (actually this was a text) then she said oh... Continued to defend her self.
Should I say anything more. The real point is she hurt my feelings. Is there any reason to tell her? Can she change?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. I don't think friends can change. I dumped a friend recently whose overriding selfishness was just too much for me to take. She tried talking me out of having a kid b/c she didn't want me to stop going out to drink with her! She was immature and selfish and it all came to a head finally. I told her never to speak to me again. That was more than a year ago and I am happy she is not in my life. We were only friends for a couple of years, though. I have another close friend who is very insensitive and sort of runs her mouth off without realizing that she's saying hurtful things. I've stopped being so sensitive about it b/c she is a good friend when I need her. Luckily she lives far away now. She is generally an unhappy person and I have just learned when/how to deal with her since I don't judge it to be worth a confrontation.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just a guess but she sounds narcissistic...look up Narcissistic Personality Disorder and see if she fits the bill...of so, Good luck~! If she continues to justify her behavior rather than showing empathy & compassion for your feelings, it may be a toxic thing for you to continue your friendship with her.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 2:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009