Daycare Teacher Burnout, How should I deal with it? should I deal with it for 5 more months? My daughter seems to be happy...

My daughter 2 started going to a Early Preschool/Daycare program 2 days a week. Initially I was happy with the teachers they were friendly and seemed to like their jobs. About 3 months in the energy level just dropped in the class and the kids were affected by it. At that point I was about to pull my daughter out. I decided to voice my concerns to the school instead. Things got a little better but a few weeks later both teachers quit. I has fine with that. 2 new teachers came in, they were great. Then one of the teacher fell ill and quit. They moved up the assistant Teacher to the lead and for awhile things were going well. Now it's just like before the Teacher's seems burned out and the care as gone down and they, just has a bad attitude. has anyone has dealt with this? I really need some advice. When my hubby gets back from deployment we will be moving her. I'll be going back to work and I jsut get a bad vibe from them

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 2:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in

• If you're getting a bad vibe, start looking for another preschool. That much teacher turnover tells me something's wrong there, and you're not going to be able to fix it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think you already know what to do.

Honestly, if ANYONE came to you and said things like "the kids have been effected", "the care has gone down", "the teachers have a bad attitude", and "I get a bad vibe from them", would YOU tell THEM to keep sending their child into that?
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i'd have to agree the teacher turnover alone is enough to make me un-easy. also thats super unstable for your little one. esp during a deployment. my dh is gone too and i have to keep things as consistant as i can, having people shes used to in a daycare setting keep leaving could really end up making it harder on her to count on people who take care of her if you know what i mean. at that age its important for them to trust and count on their caretakers. i know it sucks to have to find new care etc i hope that whatever you chose to do it works out well for you and her.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 10:45 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• If that many teachers are being burned out, then maybe it's the class. There could be some really bad kids in the class that aren't being delt with properly. Maybe try a new day care or recommend they split the class rather than having one big one to see if that makes it easier on the teachers. That's what my day care does. We have a 2 - 2 1/2 year class and than a 2 1/2 - 3 year class
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Also, understand that some people just aren't ment to work with this age range. We had many teachers pass through our toddler class before we found some that worked. Now they have great one year old teachers.
    Anonymous