How old were they when u moved there toys....

How old were your little ones when you moved the toys from the living room to the bedroom...we aren't lucky enough to have a play room or even a big area for the toys and my husband is coming back from deployment and really doesnt want them all over the living room. My son is 13 months do you think thats too soon? What age were your kids when you moved it all?

howardsmom

Asked by howardsmom at 2:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• haha my husband said the same thing i dont want kida toys in my relax area..4 months later there are toy ing the living room. lol. we have a three bedroom house on post.each kid has there own room and there own toys in it. my sons only 10 months old and we allow him to play and whatch movies in his own room. give us our "alone"time, but he usually end up coming into the living room and playing. id go ahead and move them into the room, but try and make your husband realize that hes been gone and the kid(S) have gotten use to things a certain way and it may take some time to un do it. good luck.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 2:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I kept my Daughter's toys in her room from day one,.with my son most of his toys are in his room as well from day one. There is an alcove the tv sits in at our new house, with built in cabinets, so each of the kids have a few toys that live on the bottom shelf, behind closed doors. My son is 8 months old, and has the riding toys, and exersaucer...but those toys go in his room before bath time...along one wall. I have never liked the idea of picking up all the goodies and still having the front room look messy. Ther biggest mess saver I have for kid toys is hands down, cubbies...from Ikea. I also have a shelf that plastic tubs fit into for the kids goodies that need to go down in something, like hotwheels etc. You may also be able to get away with several shelves at varied heights, one like a border, for books and less often played with toys, up high, then some lower that he will be able to reach to help you put away
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 2:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes, I think that is too young. I didn't move the toys out of our family room until they were around 3. I couldn't imagine having them playing in a room by theirselves before that, and I wasn't going to sit in their room and watch them play.

Yes, it's a lot of clutter or whatever, but we just dealt with it. It's only a couple of years.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 2:51 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My oldest was probably around 8 or 9 and my youngest would have been 3 or 4. They just had way too many toys at that point so we made 1 bedroom a playroom and put all 4 boys in 1 room w/2 sets of bunked beds since they only slept in their bedroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009