Please only answer if youve had a c section

I had a c section six days ago Im still in alot of pain and the medicine doesnt do muchany way when i get up or lay down or roll over i get this sharp pain in my side not near my iincision what does that mean?

zoeilyy

Asked by zoeilyy at 2:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It means you need to rest. your organs are still trying to readjust to the proper place in your body. You should take it easy, b/c you dont want to get an infection or injured.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• If you feel that your pain has not improved at all since your surgery, I'd make mention of it to the doctor, just to be safe. Rest. Stay off your feet as much as possible. Right now, your job is eat, drink, feed baby, and rest. Cooking, cleaning, and chores can wait, or be done by someone else.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It means you're not healed yet. Of course not yet. You need to take it easy.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You need rest. But call you doctor just to see what he/she says about it. They'll be able to put your mind at ease more so than we can. You might have just pulled a muscle doing something.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Sounds like gas. I had a c section almost 2 weeks ago and suffered so badly from gas in addition to everything else. Of course you need as much rest as possible but walking will help you heal faster. It was sooo hard for me but I was determined to get better and now I'm fine. The swelling in my feet is gone, gas gone and I'm able to walk up and down the stairs. Laying in bed has gotten so much better too. Good luck!
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 4:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009