how old should she be

i want to get my daughters ears pierced she is only 3 weeks and yes i know she is to young now but when is she old enough i know my mom had mine done at 6 weeks old but what do you guys think

mom2kaydence09

Asked by mom2kaydence09 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't know how old but ask your pediatrician, ours does pierce ears...
    sauterelledesil

Answer by sauterelledesil at 3:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Our DD was 9 months old, but I don't think that it is too young, I think the earlier the better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Old enough to decide for and care for her piercings herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my daughter was 2 when i got her ears peirced and i think i was about the same age when my mom got mine done.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• That's a personal decision. Me, I think 13 years.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• NEVER would I do something like that to my child until it is THEIR choice and they can take care of them. Second I had a friend who had to have hers redone when she was about 10 because as her ears grew the holes became very visibly "off" from each other even though they were clearly lined up when she was a baby.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i don't want to do that to DD until she is able to decide that she wants to have earrings and just make something exciting for her when she wants them, to me is like getting a tatoo on your baby when they can't say anything, that is what i think so i won't do it now, in fact i have some friends that told me they bought them for my daughter,i really don't wanna make them feel bad but i haven't called them to even bring them to me, as my friend is kinda pushy i just don't wanna argue about it them, i guess it is a personal choice don't you think?
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 4:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had mine done when i was an infant, and my sister had both of her daughter's done around a month and a half old i believe. i have a son so i don't plan on doing so, but i think that 6 week mark is ideal...
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• At this age, she'll heal really quickly --and will totally fail to notice that she even has earrings until she's a toddler, by which time she'll be used to them.

There is a preference among piercers for very sharp needles, rather than the gun type of piercing, just because of the crushing effect the guns have on tissue, which makes healing harder and pain last longer.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ive seen week old baby's with pierced ears. The sooner you get it done the less trouble you will have with the baby playing with her ears when she is a toddler. Ask the Dr though if your worried.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009