What can I do to worry as little as possible about this pregnancy?

Hi ladies! We just found out we're expecting our second baby (we have a son who will be 3 in December) in May. This is my 4th pregnancy. I had Ewan in 12/2006, my first m/c in 03/2008 and another one a few months ago (06/2009).

We have not told anyone except my mom and three friends who we know will pray for us and support us no matter the outcome.

We want to be excited and optimistic but I'm having a hard time doing so, given my history. Any advice on how to stay positive and enjoy the pregnancy? Should we tell other people, like our church family? We've been planning to wait until Thanksgiving when I'll be into the second trimester but I don't know how I would've gotten through my miscarriages without the love and support of our family and friends.

Ugh. So confused!

Any advice and/or prayers are appreciated!

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 3:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a m/c in August of 08 and another in March 09. We waited until I was 12 weeks to announce this pregnancy to most people. I told my parents, sister and two close friends and that was it. I was sooooo excited but both times before we had announced it and then had to explain to everyone what had happened. I hated that. I really just tried to focus on each day as it came. Each night I say, "Ok baby, we made it through today!" and finally at my 20 week ultrasound, I was able to relax and start to enjoy this pregnancy. It is not easy to just live in the moment, but you must try. I wanted this baby to feel nothing but love for however long I was able to carry it! Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 4:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• This is a tough question! I have never been in this situation, but I would have to say I would probably wait until the Second trimester! They say your are less likely to miscarry after the first Trimester! So just tell your family so they can be praying for you and be there to support you! I wish you the best and my thoughts and Prayers are with you!
    bethybaby

Answer by bethybaby at 3:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i am so sorry you are going through this! i worried a little bit throughout my first trimester bc i had a miscarriage the first time. i would wait until your second trimester to tell everyone, but if you feel more comfortable with support, tell close friends and family now bc they do help alot!! and just try not to think about the worse, be positive and think about that little baby when it gets here! i still worry occasionally but try to think positive!! so good luck and i will pray for you and your little one! congrats too :)
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Fear is a powerful distraction from reality, yet however real it feels, if it's not happening now, it's an illusion...nothing more.

Learn to focus on what is actually happening right now: what colour your keyboard is, the feel of the keys, the texture of your chair, the sounds and scents in your home... you will fill your mind with the reality of your life and from there you may find that remembering bad times past, and fearing bad times to come, never get much time from your mind.

Remember that fear is just a familiar thought, not reality. Even if it feels like a realisitc fear, it is not happening --it is not real.

It's kind of like 'counting your blessings' but it's much more like 'stay here, now.' Become aware of your real life and the one you fear in your head will fade in power.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It is ALL in God's hands anyways. Weather you worry or not, God is in charge 100% of the time. Like it, or believe it or not. Give your problems and worry's to God and seek his guidance and support and you will be comforted.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009