Giving up parental rights...

So here is the story. My daughters dad is just a jerk. He is very physically and verbally abusive. He has never seen my daughter. He has a very dirty record...I come to find out that he raped his little sister for 2 years when she was 15 and is a sex offender. I didn't find this out till after I was pregnant. SO...I really dont want anything from him. Im prefectly fine with doing it on my own. So here is my questions Is it even possible to get him to give up his parentals rights??

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if he raped his sister for 2 years im sure you will have a case no matter what state you live in!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I agree with PP. Thats a case right there. I'm glad you found out at all. What a sicko. His poor sister. Do whatever you can (legally) to keep your child away from him.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yes I would take it to court and try....you've got a strong case esp with him being a sex offender...go for it! your right....you and your daughter deserve better!
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 3:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Depending on what state you're in, probably not. You need to contact an attorney.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:11 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yeah sadly it depends on what state you live in I live in Ohio and my sons father does not pay child support has a nasty record and does not see him and I asked if I can take away his rights and was told no unless I was married and my husband could adopt him only after 6 months or marriage the system sucks Good Luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• wellfirst try to see if he will do it on his own more than likely he wont so YES take him to court him being a sex offender is definately reason for him not to have any contact with his child irl do whatever you have to to get full custody of your daughter call an attoney and ask them what the laws are in your state first off then go from there good luck hope everything worksout
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would go to the court and just get full legal/physical custody of your daughter. That is what I did with my kids.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 4:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You can ask hom to give them up, but you will also be giving up ANY child support you could have gotten. You can get him to pay child support and still have NO visitation. Ask a lawyer for free advice. Most will usually give you free advice on things like this. best of luck to you. Keep your baby wawy from this guy for sure.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would first consult and attorney and see what they say. If the attorney says its a good chance then I would confront the father first and ask him to voluntarily give up parental rights, and if he says no then inform him that you have consulted an attorney and if he well not give them up voluntarily then you well take him to court and have his rights taken from him.

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 5:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i would say there are law that he wounld not havve a chauce.i do not blamre you .
    brenda1952

Answer by brenda1952 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009