Did you know the senate rejects public health plan?

Key Senate panel rejects public health plan
Outcome of vote on government-sponsored insurance was expected

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33069014/ns/politics-health_care_reform/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "but does this mean HR 3200 is now no longer a threat, and a NEW bill will be drafted?"

It's referring to the Baucus bill. And HR 3200 will get the SAME treatment.

Never think a bill is law till the President has SIGNED it. HR 3200 won't ever pass as it is now. It will be picked apart and something completely different will get passed in the end.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:37 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• The story just crossed the news wires. And this is all part of the normal process. LOTS of things will be proposed, and the final plan will include some Democratic ideas and some Republican ideas. Just the way it's SUPPOSED to work.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• well said gdiamante. Let's hope for a true bi-partisan reform package.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Lets face it we are not going to have a public health care system untill our law makers get all their pork and pet projects in the bill as well as the lobbyists and special intrests getting their piece of the pie as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I haven't read the full story....but does this mean HR 3200 is now no longer a threat, and a NEW bill will be drafted? OR just that the Public Option from ALL bills will no longer exist? If the latter, then it's a START, but I'm still worried about plenty of other clauses that HR 3200 contained!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:35 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• At least there are some smart democrats. They differ from libs.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No surprise, it was expected.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I must say I am pleased. I don't want the government to tell me how to manage my health or have anything to do with any aspect of it. A large amount of people feel the same way. These people have written a huge volume of letters, gone to numerous town hall meetings, and we marched on the Capital. This is the first hint I have had that the representatives are listening to their constituents. Well, alright.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Huzzah!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009