How much tv for a 3 yr old?

My preschoolers addiction to tv seems to be growing. I allow 2-3 3o 20 minute shows per day. She doesn't nap so it's usually her afternoon quiet time or settling down before bed. Should I cut back?

JoyLee2017

Asked by JoyLee2017 at 3:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• mmm i dont see anything wrong.
    tv maybe addicting to them but sometimes its still educational. riley whatches probally about 2-3 hrs a day of it. (one or two movies) and her talking skills ahve really picked up. now she will interact with dora and point things out and has begun useing words i didnt know she knew. and counting to 10 on her own. knows her shapes and colors and letters. and shes only 3.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my kids watch tv all day .. i know it sounds bad but ... its only noggin or nick jr and movies.. and they do learn out of it.. my 1 year old knows how to count to 10 and my 3 year old can say a few words in spanish ..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009