Do you know where the sex offenders live near you?

I'm sure not many of you take the time to look it up. Its not an everyday thing that people think of. Well oddly enough there's a sex offender living right down the street from my bf and his kids. HE DIDNT KNOW. he lives in MY OLD HOUSE odd right? lol i think so. well I look them up any time i move or even around where i know kids. So here's the site start looking. You might be surprised how many u may know. I know 3 or 4. One is my friends dad, and 2 came into my work. One was dating a young chick and had a baby with her they are still together. The other was about to marry someone who had 2 young grand kids around. He didn't tell her. Well i told her daughters with the two young kids. well people talk and me like i didn't know lol. He moved! go figure something to hide!!!

http://www.nsopw.gov/Core/OffenderSearchCriteria.aspx?Advanced=1&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh. yes. Exactly where. But knowing doesn't make me any MORE cautious than I was when I didn't know.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I looked online in the past, and it shows the location, but the address is blotted out.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My parents check all the time and I will be when we move (we live with them atm). Creeps me out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have always looked before we move to a new place. I also am signed up for notifications when an offender moves to the area. I want to know who these scumballs are and what they look like.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am mindful of watching my children, and am teaching them who is okay to talk to and who isn't. I usually have a check in my spirit if something is not right about another person that am around at the time.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 3:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes....... I go to megans law... It shows pictures and addresses other known alias used by them and everything.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 3:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• the link i gave shows it all too :) go us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I map them about every 6 months or so.
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 3:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• watchdog shows good stats. I live within two blocks of a school so none in my immediate neighborhood. Or if they are not legally.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I have one right behind my house. Yes, before getting this place I got on Megan's Law, however one can't help what will move in after they move in, and this guy moved in next to me last December.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009