tragus

they little flap thing on your ear. Does it hurt to get it pierced? if so how bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sounds painfull as hell to me but it depends on your tolerance level to pains.

Tragus piercing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The tragus piercing is a perforation of the tragus for the purpose of inserting and wearing a piece of jewelry. The tragus projects immediately in front of ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• i got mine done but wth a gun so it didnt hurt but i did hear it pop
    devilscandy69

Answer by devilscandy69 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• The worse part is the sound. If you can have a baby you can get pierced!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I got mine pierced twice. It did not hurt either time, but make sure they put a hoop in and not a stud, because it does swell. The first time I got it done, it swelled so bad I had to go to the ER and get the stud surgically removed.
    mommas_17

Answer by mommas_17 at 1:24 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I've very surprised at those saying that it didn't hurt. I have a high pain threshold and will tell you straight up that it hurt like crap. I've had lots of piercings (tongue, eyebrow, nipples, tragus, lip, nose, etc etc) and two tattoos. My tragus was one of the worst.

From reading the responses I'm assuming everyone who posted comments got theirs done with a piercing gun. Though this makes it hurt less, piercing guns are not highly recommended to get pierced with even for a basic ear piercing. Instead of removing the skin tissue and letting it regrow around the piercing (which is healthy and lowers risks of infection), the gun moves the skin into the rest of the ear. This causes scar tissue and ups your chances of infection.

In short...yes, it hurts. But don't let the pain stop you if you want it. The pain will go away and you'll be left with the piercing that you want with hopefully no complications.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2008