water breaking!

what does it feel like when ur water breaks? like is there pain...im 38 weeks prego today...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ive always had my broken for me. and it was always like a big woosh of fluid.and then the contractions got very heavy and hard and quicker.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It feels like pressure change. It didn't hurt me at all. It was kind of neat. My first the midwife broke my water, my second came riding the wave of water (breaking right as he was born, and only with the third did it break on it's own during labor. I'd already been in active labor 6-8 hours.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just water breaking~ no not painful. But if mom is contracting then it tends to make contractions more intense.
    It felt like I was having a really heavy period~ like peeing, except coming from at the top of my vagina, so not like peeing location-wise. I felt the hot water coming down.
    (I was gushing for over a week before laboring, so I used a lot of pads!)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my water broke at home.. i didnt have contractions b4 it broke. but no it didnt hurt. the contractions after hurt lol.. but it feels like someone stuck a warm hose down ur pants eww
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It's different for every woman. Some it just trickles and almost feels like they are leaking urine. For others it gushes and for some it never breaks and has to be done at the hospital. My water gushed when it broke and it felt just like I started my period, same type of cramps and aches with the warm rush you feel with a period flow.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• How Will I Know When My Water Breaks?

If you feel a small gush when you get up, it's possible that your ... Once your water breaks, the fluid may continue to slowly leak until you deliver ... What does the fluid look like? Amniotic fluid can be clear, pink, brown, or green. ...
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:19 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• it didn't hurt at all when my water broke. i was in the shower but i thought i felt a little something but couldn't be sure. then i felt another little gush afterwards. i didn't really feel anything other than the liquid coming out. but then a couple of hours later i was in active labor, and i felt that! :) best wishes!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009