Pain (down there) after vaginal delivery (TMI)

So..I gave birth 10 days ago. I pushed for 45 minutes. Well..they ended up cutting me and he came in the last 3 pushes. But before that, they had me push and the Dr.was literally stretching me open with with her fingers, she put her hands in me and was twisting her hands around the baby's head. Then they ended up using the vacum and cutting me and he came right out. Well..
I have been having pain down there. When I pee, it sometimes feels like that muscle cramps up and will stop the urine flow. I'm thinking that it may be sore from the cathiter(sp?) or from so much stretching. Basically..my clit HURTS. (Feels like the top layer of skin is scraped off) sorry, tmi. When I wipe..it feels sore. Thats the ONLY sensation I have is pain there.
Has anyone else had this problem after delivery? This was my first so I have nothing to compair it to. Is this normal? Will this feeling go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes the feeling will go away but first of all congrats on the birth of ur baby u should really talk to ur OB about ur pain
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• They didn't cut me, but I torn. It is bond to hurt, you gave birth. Instead of wiping, you should just dab or air dry. It gets better. Did you DR prescribe pain meds, mine did with my first. If not, I would call and ask for it. It will go away, but heads up sex is painful, too.
    acholt21

Answer by acholt21 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I had a second degree tear with my first and they gave me numbing spray at the hospital. HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS FOR AFTER ALL VAGINAL BIRTHS!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Wow, that sounds awful! How traumatic, I am so sorry!!
    I know that comfrey & calendula salve is helpful to moms who tear, but this sounds more intense than anything I have heard of. Do you think that you may have an infection?
    I am guessing you had IV meds/epidural (catheter), is that what made such rash intervention necessary, was your baby in distress?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i ripped and was cut. i was given numbing spray and a water jet thing to use instead of wiping for a few weeks, i think i would have passed out if i would have used tissue after 10 days. i still had some mild pain doing those things.
    BandME

Answer by BandME at 8:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• same happend with my first lol it will go away in time honestly lol i also felt like my insides were gonna drop out my vagina too (TMI) just try and rest as much as u can and ddo yr pelvic muscles exercise lol xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 5:57 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• i used a sitz bath for 3 weeks after delivery. I hurt from my clit to my Arse for weeks everything gets stretched out down their. was your baby big mine was 8 pounds 13 ounces.If you didnt get meds or a sitz bath you can call your ob and request them.i wouldnt wipe down there with anything you can use a water bottle to rinse yourself off
    witchymoma

Answer by witchymoma at 4:11 PM on Sep. 30, 2009