Pain (down there) after vaginal delivery (TMI) please help!

So..I gave birth 10 days ago. I pushed for 45 minutes. Well..they ended up cutting me and he came in the last 3 pushes. But before that, they had me push and the Dr.was literally stretching me open with with her fingers, she put her hands in me and was twisting her hands around the baby's head. Then they ended up using the vacum and cutting me and he came right out. Well..
I have been having pain down there. When I pee, it sometimes feels like that muscle cramps up and will stop the urine flow. I'm thinking that it may be sore from the cathiter(sp?) or from so much stretching. Basically..my clit HURTS. (Feels like the top layer of skin is scraped off) sorry, tmi. When I wipe..it feels sore. Thats the ONLY sensation I have is pain there.
Has anyone else had this problem after delivery? This was my first so I have nothing to compair it to. Is this normal? Will this feeling go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they should of gave you a water bottle type thing to use insteaf of wiping. wiping can be very painful especially with stitches. As for the pain down there you could have a UTI, i seem to get one after i give birth each time. Also, you JUST birthed a baby you are going to be really sore. Take tylenol or motrin for a few weeks! ITs totally normal!
    CaityMarie

Answer by CaityMarie at 3:48 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Very normal to be this sore with a vaginal delivery. I agree with the above poster, you could try something like a squirt bottle instead of wiping. When you are that 'raw and sore' it just plain hurts much more to wipe. You could also try some cold or hot packs in that area to help with some of the pain, I would think cool would be best. If you don't have a cold pack, try just a bag of frozen veggies (peas, corn, small veggies work best). Sometimes with a vaginal delivery part of the pain is the swelling that happens afterward. Motrin or Tylenol as well. If you don't begin to improve, make sure to call your doctor's office or see them as soon as you can just to make sure there is no UTI. Best of luck to you and congratulations on the birth of your new baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh yes....when using a cool pack, make sure to have something (like a dish towel) between your skin and the cool pack to protect your skin from damage due to the cold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my delivery sounds very similar to yours... pushed for 45 mins and also had an episiotomy. I had some of the same symptoms but i was using my water bottle for a LONG time, i was terrified of actually wiping for awhile, and even after using the bottle i dabbed very gently. i did have some soreness, kinda like if you had (may be tmi) rough intercourse the night before or something, it was up near the clitoral area. it could also be a uti if it burns when you pee or you feel like you can't empty your bladder. if you're really concerned, the only way to ease your mind may be to speak to your doc. but if it's only been 10 days i'd say use a bottle to spray off after using the restroom. good luck!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009