Pain (down there) after vaginal delivery (TMI) please help!

So..I gave birth 10 days ago. I pushed for 45 minutes. Well..they ended up cutting me and he came in the last 3 pushes. But before that, they had me push and the Dr.was literally stretching me open with with her fingers, she put her hands in me and was twisting her hands around the baby's head. Then they ended up using the vacum and cutting me and he came right out. Well..
I have been having pain down there. When I pee, it sometimes feels like that muscle cramps up and will stop the urine flow. I'm thinking that it may be sore from the cathiter(sp?) or from so much stretching. Basically..my clit HURTS. (Feels like the top layer of skin is scraped off) sorry, tmi. When I wipe..it feels sore. Thats the ONLY sensation I have is pain there.
Has anyone else had this problem after delivery? This was my first so I have nothing to compair it to. Is this normal? Will this feeling go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• I had that problem. The gave me dermoplast spray in a can to numb it as well as tucks medicaided pads to soothe the area. They cut me when my kid came out and I didn't poop for 2 weeks because it hurt so fraking bad. Honestly, it takes a while for the feeling to go away. There is a perinatal bath sitz from motherlove.com that helped me a bunch. It has herbs in it that ease muscles. I really don't know whats in it but it helped me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh yeah and you can gently rub the sore areas when you take a warm bath and it helps too.
    Anonymous

• If you had a catheter then you most likely have a UTI. call your Dr and let them know. Having or getting a UTI is VERY common after having a catheter these days. Hope you feel better soon.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Plus...it's "only" been ten days. I had an episiotomy with my first born and things weren't back to 100% "down there" for almost a year after he was born. As vbruno mentioned, you may have a UTI. It does happen often with catheterization. Get it checked out. I hope you feel better soon!
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 4:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yeah stitches hurt and if you have a uti on top of it that makes it worsesitz bath tucks pads and Dermaplast will be your best friend for awhile. Might have to wait until your post partum check to see about the stitches. Call your OB and see what they recommend.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009