Hair cutting

My DH doesn't like to go to the barbershop/salon for hair cuts because his ear was accidentally snipped once (just a little bit, nothing serious). He's thinking there's some kind of scissors that men can use to cut their own hair and has been trying to look for one.

Do any of you ladies know if such a tool exists?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

wanita61

Asked by wanita61 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a sally bueaty supply store and ask them. If they dont know about them then they dont exist. He could alsways go with a buzz hair cut. No blades to cut him then.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• theres a razor he can use to cut his hair, but it'd be like the above poster said a sort of buzz cut depending on the length of the blade he chooses.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My hubs has the flowbee--- it is a self-cutting haircut system. You hook it up to a canister vac, it sucks the hair up and cuts it. No risk of cutting yourself or your ears. It actually does a decent job, my hubs hair looks pretty good afterward (and he is VERY PICKY about his hair). I do go in and shave the back of his neck and trim the very end for him.
    Another option-- buy a clippers and do a buzz cut- my hubs does that on our boys, and our 36yr old nephew does that to his own hair.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• yeah, have him try to cut his own hair with scissors. I bet he will get more injures than a little knick. better stick with clippers for a home hair cut. =P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:04 PM on Sep. 29, 2009