Should I wait for another baby?

I had my first baby when I was 16. I'll be 18 in a month and I really want to have another baby. being on the shot I do have to wait a year to conceive but, should I wait a little longer so that my son will understand or should I go ahead and try after a year?

mrs.isaccs

Asked by mrs.isaccs at 3:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you finished high school? Who takes care of the kids finacially? If you are ANYWAY on public assistance or haven't graduated, then um no. You aren't responsible enough for another baby. If you have done these things and are on your own doing just fine then whatever floats your boat, I wouldn't. JMO.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You're probably going to get a bunch of responses saying that you're too young. But only you know your situation and whether you can handle another baby. If it's truly your heart's desire to have another, then go ahead. But you should give yourself some time. I'll tell you a little bit of my story.

I was 19 when I got pregnant with my daughter (on purpose). I had her at 20, then I had an ectopic pregnancy (an accident) right after her first birthday. After that I wanted to get pregnant and try again SOOO bad, even though we weren't wanting another baby quite yet. My husband wasn't ready, though, so we decided to wait. Now, 4 months later, I'm glad we waited, because now I'm happy being the mother of one... for now.

So make sure it's really what you want before conceiving.

PS, there are other BC methods than the shot. You could go off it now and use antoher until you're ready.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What's the hurry? Do you have a DH? Does he have a good job?
    Or do you have a good ? If your singal. To be able to take care of your first born and the new baby?

Answer by louise2 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• personally id wait. i had my first right after my 19th birthday and life was sooo hard untill i meet my husband. now im 22 with two kids almost 23 trying for a 3rd. you have your whole life ahead of you WAIT!!!!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It is your decision completely, nobody else knows your situation better than yourself. I hope you are able to do what it right for you & your family. Do not let negative comments (or positive ones for that matter) outweigh your own feelings towards it, that will just cause more confusion for yourself. Take a breather & look around...do you have what it takes to provide for another?

Also, just so you know, I got pregnant within a couple months of getting off the shot...& to top it off, since it had screwed with my system so badly they weren't expecting conception for up to 2yrs at the soonest. Sometimes things happen when they're meant to happen.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 4:14 PM on Sep. 29, 2009