Does anyone have a favorite healthy dinner made with ground beef?

Is it even possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Easy Hamburger Casserole

1 lb extra lean ground beef (or brown ground beef or turkey and drain fat)
    1 small chopped onion
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp pepper
    1 pkg (16 oz) frozen mixed vegetables
    1 can cheese soup
    1 (16oz) pkg tater tots

Heat oven to 375°. Mix beef, onion, salt, and pepper in ungreased 2 qt casserole. Arrange vegetables on meat. Pour soup over, cover with tater tots. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until potatoes are golden brown.

Also meat loaf is good, and hamburgs- I make them with a package of dry onion soup mix.

Answer by Bmat at 4:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ground turkey is always a good alternative.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I love meatloaf I think that is one of my favorite with barbecue sauce on top.  I don't know if it is at all healthy but it is good.

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 4:09 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ground beef browned, rinsed and drained. Onion, peppers, garlic, carrots and celery (or other veggies) chopped and sauted in very little olive oil. Combine the two add fresh diced tomatoes and herbs. (paprika, majoram, chili powder for a goulash flavor, oregano, basil and thyme for an italian flavor experiment and make your own flavors). I make brown rice or whole wheat pasta and a salad to go with this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Easy Hamburger Casserole

That would not be healthy the tater tots are pre fried and the cheese soup is processed and salty. Meatloaf can be healthy if made with ingredients and you avoid processed things like bottle bbq sauce and ketchup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Shepherds Pie:

1lb ground beef browned and drained.
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup chopped celery
    1 bag of frozen steam and serve mixed veggies
    1 pkg of McCormick brown gravy mix
    1 cup low fat, low sodium beef broth
    mashed potatoes, 5/6 medium sized.
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

steam veggies in the microwave while cooking the meat,then add the onion and celery, or cook them separate, then add to meat, mix the gravy mix with the broth then add to the meat, add veggies, mix all together, then mash potatoes as you would normally, then spread on top of meat and veggies, then sprinkle cheese on top, put in oven under the broiler for 5 minutes, just to melt the cheese. I make this in my large iron skillet, you can do it all on the stove top in a soup pot if you don't want to put it in the oven, just cover on low until the cheese melts.. It's yummy!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I am a vegetarian, but when I cook meals for my husband that call for ground beef, I always sneak in ground turkey for a healthier dish and he is none the wiser....lol
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You can make a beef & veggie soup with ground beef (crockpot recipe). I start with beef broth, water, potato chunks, canned seasoned diced tomatoes, sliced carrots, sliced celery, red onion chunks, red & yellow pepper chunks & I sometimes add zuchinni & yellow squash chunks as well. I add the veggies to the broth and cook on low for 6 hours and then add browned & seasoned ground beef for the last 2 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh, I forgot add 1 package of dry Italian dressing & 1 package dry Ranch dressing to the mix. Add 1 can beef broth and a 2 cans water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009