Do you let your kids cuss?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7oLCowinww

Jennifer Connelly does if its not to rude and I do agree with her .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• No. I wanted them to learn to express themselves without using words that were considered impolite. It helped them learn to control what they said.

Answer by Bmat at 4:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No thank you!! Unless they want to hold there teeth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I told my kids. I better not ever here you swear in front of me.

Answer by louise2 at 4:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't let them, no. They have occasionally, but that's when I've slipped and said it in front of them, and that's my fault.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• NO. I set the example by never swearing.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• nope.. mine arnt there yet but a pop in the mouth works great!!!
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I taught my boys as my mom taught me. If the only way you can express yourself is to swear, then you tell your listener you're too unintelligent to express yourself any other way. That said, there are times and places when no other word is truly appropriate to the situation. They key is knowing WHEN and HOW to curse effectively. Once you learn that, then you've earned the right to use the words.

My kids have never used those words since unless they were directly quoting something that contained the word.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I was raised that a lady or gentleman doesn't need to express themselves crudely. I'm raising my children the same way.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hell mothafuckin NO i dont let their asses cuss!! Fuck that, I dont agree with that shit at all..

LOL... just playing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Wow, no, it's never allowed in my home and I've told my children that it doesn't matter if everyone in the hallways at school is, it's not smart. Of course, my DD in HS wouldn't want to be thought of as too much of a goody two shoes, so I'm sure she lets one slide out now and then. She'd never do it in front of anyone but her peers, though...or else.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 30, 2009