alternates to stage 3 foods

My baby is 8 months old. She's been on stage 2 foods for a couple of months, but lately they just don't seem to satisfy her very much. I bought stage 3 foods yesterday, but they seem to be the same thing as stage 2, just in a bigger jar.
What foods could I give my baby instead? She just cut her 1st tooth today, so she can't really bite or chew anything. I am super paranoid about her choking on things so I am hesitant about having her eat any "grown up" foods. But, I also know she needs more solids.
Besides the solids I breastfeed her about 4 times a day.

CaylaLU

Asked by CaylaLU at 4:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put "grown up" foods into a food processor. This way you can gauge the consistency and thickness as well as the amount of chunks that your LO gets and they will be more satisfying.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• You don't need to ever use "baby foods". She can eat regular food. You should be breastfeeding more. Breastmilk should be the main source of nutrition throughout the first year. I would expect an 8 month old to breastfeed more like 8 times a day. My 12 month grandson nurses more than 4 times.

A good website for starting solids is www.kellymom.com
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• as long as you cut the foods up small there gums are strong enought to chew it. i started mine on table foods at 8 months.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• you can start table food things like soft cooked carrots you can mash with her gums along with bananas, pears, peaches, peas all that stuff is super super soft and really wouldnt be a choking hazard. and yeah you should be nursing more then 4 times a day she still needs to be nursing lots its the main sorce of nuterction for the first year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009