What kind of beds are out there for disabled children?

My daughter is disabled and is getting bigger and bigger ... 30lbs and I am having a hard time getting er in and out of her crib... I need to find a bed that is going to be easier to get her in and out of ... thing is .. she can't walk and has a hard time sitting up... She is to young to understand that if you go over to far you are going to fall and get hurt ... I just don't know what to do and don't think my back is going to take much more ... any clues ??? thanks to all XooX

OAngeliqueS

Asked by OAngeliqueS at 4:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• You could find a bed that has rails, that way when she rolls she cant fall out. But other then that i don't know of anything.Good luck :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• ... i have been looking and all they have are the ones with the half railing ... thank you for your help ... XooX
    OAngeliqueS

Answer by OAngeliqueS at 5:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I wonder if you could find bunk beds that turn into two twin beds. That way the top should be totally enclosed - or almost, I guess there would be an opening for the ladder, but you could put that against the wall. The only other thing I could think of would be to check out medical supply companies or go with a custom made bed - a good carpenter should be able to make a sturdy bed with side rails for you, but I don't know how much it would be.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• thank u Canadianmom.... those are really good ideas.. i like the one with the bunck beds ... Thanks so much for the help girls... XooX
    OAngeliqueS

Answer by OAngeliqueS at 6:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009