What would you fix to feed several people?

I have a lot of free time at my office. We have a full kitchen. I'm thinking about making a nice lunch for everyone. This would not only kill time, but I think it would be nice. There are probably about 20 people I would be feeding. What's something I could fix for lunch for this many people without spending a fortune?

CrazyMom5480

Asked by CrazyMom5480 at 4:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have an awesome hotdish we serve at alot of showers.
    It's the 10,000 dollar casserole.
    It does have cashews on top so let me know if you want the recipe :)
    ShayleesMom456

Answer by ShayleesMom456 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hmm...you could ask if everyone wanted to do a pot luck and that you would supply the food, but for them to bring in easy side dishes....that way they wouldn't have to do much, but bring in drinks or cups or chips.

As far as something that would feed a lot.......I would do enchiladas, but I'm mexican. lol Um.....try a casserole or some type of pasta........that's all I can think of.
    jlry_ldy

Answer by jlry_ldy at 4:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Chili, lasagna, fried rice, BBQ chicken
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Spagetti!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 4:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• What about pulled pork sandwiches. I just bought pork tenderloin for about $16 and it would be enough to feed 20 people. You cook the pork the evening before, shred it up and add barbeque sauce in a crock pot the next day. Serve on hamburger buns with chips.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Spaghetti always feeds a lot for good dollar value. Since fall is quick approaching have you though about 2 or three big pots of soup and chile..some crackers and corbread.. voila. Baked potaoes with chile and fixing is good too
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My pulled pork I do a little differently. I buy a large boston butt / shoulder roast. I put it in the crock pot and pour about 3/4 of a 12 oz bottle of your favorite bbq sauce on top. I always rough cut a large onion and add half at beginning other half one hour before done cooking. Put the crock pot on low and 6-8 houyrs later..take two forks pull the pork apart. It will be very tender. Serve on rolls or over rice. Being Texan...cornbread is required..lol.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• lasagna, caesar salad and garlic bread

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Soup , chili , stew .......
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 6:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Crock pot things, like stew or chili, pastas, and enchiladas are ones I do for large groups.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009