How much cash does your Husband/SO take out of the bank each week for Misc needs?

My husband takes out $80 cash each week for Misc items during the week and that is not including gas for the truck. I can't seem to get through to him that is just way too much every week. That is $320 on a 4 week month. Dear Lord! I try to tell that go towards other needs.
How would you handle this?
Just a side note....I do make his lunches for him to take so he is not spending it on lunches.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 4:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• my husband goes through around 80 a week..but that is for his lunches and a haircut. Gas is on the debit. Business lunches on the business card. The biggest difference in your situation and mine is when my husband uses that money something else doesn't have to suffer in its place. You need to write the budget out..and show him in black and white WHERE that money needs to go. I personally think $80 is a lot for someone who takes lunch from home and gas is paid for some other way. Guys are visual. Prove to him that you aren't just nagging.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My husband spends a lot too. He doesn't take anything out of the bank though, he spends off the debit card, so it is really hard for him to track. I will tell him that in three days he spent $30 on things like soda and coffee, and he doesn't believe me until I show him the bank statements. I agree with PP. Draw it out and show him where you are struggling, or where you could really use the extra money. And start cutting him back slowly. Don't go from $80 to $10.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My husband doesn't have an "allowance" or anything along those lines. Right now he has an allotment of 150.00 per month that goes to his personal/individual account while he is deployed. He isn't even using that. He might, when around and he has access to shopping, spend 20.00 here and there on drinks and snacks. When he is home, its probably about the same.
    SusanD

Answer by SusanD at 5:03 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• mine gets $50 a week, thats $10 a day, we live close enough to where he works so that he can come home for lunch if he wants, if not he can spend his money on lunch. but that $50 a week covers his hair cuts, his lunch/snack/drink money at work, and anything else he may need for work. he gets $40 a paycheck (aside from that $50 a week) to spend however he wants, so essentially every pay day he gets $140, for everything except gas, if he spends it before the next payday he is SOL, if he spends part of his lunch money on something fun he's SOL as well. i got sick and tired of him whining that he wants this and that or spending money w/o discussing it w/me first. so he pulls that cash out every payday, uses the check card to fill up the gas tank and get himself a roll of dip (chewing tobacco) and me a carton of ciggs (cheaper on base so he picks them up) after that if he needs something he has to come to me b/c i do the bills.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I control our money and we're on a pretty tight budget. Dh doesn't get weekly money per say. but he has his own debit card so he buys his cigs (with 2$ off coupons lol). If theres anything else he wants to do/buy he will usually ask me if there is enough money for it. If we have it he gets it, if we don't have the money he waits.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 2:08 AM on Oct. 1, 2009