Is it possible to get "high" from anti-seizure medications?

I have had the expierence of parents taking their kids meds for ADHD.I am a school intervention counselor, and I suspect this may be a problem in a home. Just wondered if any of you know of this happening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Health

• It depends on the med. I take Gabapentin for chronic pain and migraines. One of my adults sons is a RN and had drug problems and he will come to my house and steal my medication. He knows I am miserable without it, get migraines, and have trouble sleeping.

He used to tell my other sons I was forgetful or lost my meds. I'm on 10 other meds and never lost anything else. He even went and got my rx from walgreens after I switched pharmacies and paid for it to try to keep from getting caught. It costs hundreds of dollars. One of my other sons borrowed his car and found the pharmacy papers and then everyone knew I was telling the truth about him stealing my meds.

Right now his RN license is suspended because of drugs. He was able to steal my rx like 2 months ago. I have moved and he has no key to the house. I am going to get a safe. Gabapenten (Neurotin) is an anti-seizure med also.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes. I know that there are several meds used for sezures that are heavily abused. Contact your local drug & alcohol counseling center and they should be able to give you a list of the prescription drugs that have "street value."
    mygirlscome1st

Answer by mygirlscome1st at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yup! Migraine meds too(topamax)
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009