How often does your kid sleep over at grandparents?

My m/i/l and my mom always want my son to stay sleep. I let him sleep over on the weekend mostly just for one day. How often does you kid go to the grandparents house, and what do you do when your kid is gone??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• It used to be once every other weekend. Then, we started having problems with his behavior over there, so it hasn't been in a long time. Probably about 6 months. But he used to stay over after they got off work on Friday until about 11 am on Saturday the first and third weekend of the month. We generally go see a movie, or rent a scary/rated R movie and watch it in silence. Or we used to. Know we have a 20 month old and don't get to do that much since my mother in law won't take her for more than two hours at a time and my mother works nights.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My ILs work, so they're tired on the weekends! We usually just visit or drop them off. My son wasn't ready for something like that until he was 4, and then we moved.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 4:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• at least once a weekend. My fiance is in a band and plays a lot of the weekends, and I bartend once a week so momma babysits while we work.
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My son is almost 15 months old and has never spent the night away from me. We don't live near family.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 4:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• We dont live near my mother(my MIL is deceased). So they dont really ever spend the night there. The last time they did was 3 yrs ago when they spent a couple of nights while my DH and I went to my high school reunion.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my daughter is 11 months old and i want to say probably about once a month she stay one night somewhere else. usually because they want to take her. She didn't stay over until maybe four months or so. i just like to go shopping or walk around. have a quiet dinner or just relax. my biggest thing with her sleeping somewhere else is sleeping in!!
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 5:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My children (7 and 4) usually get to spend the night at my parents every few months. Usually we only ask when it is a special occasion because both of my parents still work, and we don't want to wear out our welcome. We see them all the time (live about 15 miles away) but they only spend the night occasionally. Recently, we have used "spending the night at Grandma's" as a reward for DD (4) when we tackled some behavior issues. We are planning for that to happen soon and she is so excited because she has never stayed over without her big brother. When the kiddos spend the night, DH and I usually plan a special evening, like a dinner without chicken nuggets and a movie without animation. Adult time is good.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 5:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• never
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• She hasn't yet ! They are remodeling thier house and have no room for her to sleep over especialy since my grandma had to move in with them. Hopefully here soon she always wants to spend the night!
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 6:29 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• maybe once or twice a year they go for a week and then we will do little visits in between. we live about 4 hours from all our family so they love the time they get to spend with them. my hubby is in the military and we never know when or where we will go next so their grandparents really try to see them when they can.
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009