Sleepy baby refusing to sleep!

My son is alost five months old. He's being really cra nky today and i know its because he is tired. The problem is I'm running out of patience for his crankyness. Would I be the worlds meanest mommy if I oput my son in his bed and left him to cry it out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• No I don't think you are the world's meanest mom. My DD's doctor says as long as the baby has a clean diaper, is fed, and nothing is physically wrong--sometimes you have to let them cry themselves to sleep. My DD usually lets my grandbaby lay for 1/2 hour with her music box and then if she is still crying she cuddles for a few moments then puts her back down for just a few minutes. Usually she doesn't cry for even that first 30 minutes though. (especially after the routine gets set)
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My cranky grandbaby is asleep on my lap and I am playing James Blunt music on the computer to keep him asleep. We live in Tucson and the AC is broken. He didn't like the fan. It's like 100 degrees and we are both drenched in sweat. I have to be careful not to move too much or I will wake him. I'm dying of thirst.

I never let him cry it out. I always hold him when he is cranky and play him music videos on the computer and he falls asleep. I'm disabled and can't walk around and carry him. He is crazy in love with me. No way would I let him cry it out.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• if you asked my mother in law this question. she would say no. But me I would let him cry for a little while and then I would go up and check on him to see how he is doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009