would you let your 2 week old cry it out??

I don't believe in crying it out this young...but my 2 week old only wants to be held! Even in his sleep...everyone is saying to let him cry it out. What's your opinion on this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• I second the carrier. Also maybe look into an arm's reach co-sleeper if you are uncomfortable having the baby in bed with you. Look up High Needs Baby.

This is completely normal. Your baby just spent 9 months inside of you listening to your heart beat, cradled and warm. Everything is new and scary now and you are his only comfort.

You should NEVER leave a newborn to cio. Even people who are for cio say not to start before 6 months. I am against it completely

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 4:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hold him, even in his sleep.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:39 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Get a moby wrap baby carrier, that way you can be hands free and baby will still be happy being close to you!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• NO NO NO NO
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Letting a baby "cry it out" that early (I am not for it at any age) can actually increase the chances of SIDS.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i am for CIO but like an above post said didn't do it w/my daughter til she was 6 months and won't with my son til he's 6 months. the only time i'd say to let them cry it out, is if you are at a point where you can't stand it and need to walk away, than yes put baby down and let baby cry for a bit til you calm down. otherwise get some sort of carrier, swaddle, a vibrating bassinet (or bouncy seat) those might give the feeling that baby is being held and helped both my kids.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I don't mind letting an older baby, like my 16 month old "cry it out" but at two weeks, heck no, you need to pick up that baby! He will eventually get better, but for the time being, just get a carrier of some sort and deal.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Nope! I'd swaddle him up and hold him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh and PS have you tried a swing or papisan seat or something? Our swing was a life saver for a long time!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• No flipping way. Get a sling and wear your baby. You will be able to do the stuff you need and he will get the comfort of your presence.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009