Nosy people

I'm a single parent of an almost 5 month old baby boy. His father has nothing to do with us. The problem is,whenever I'm out in town with him perfect strangers o people I know, just not very well, will ask extremely personal questions(Such as am I breastfeeding, where is his father Etc) What are some polite ways I can tell people that it's really none of their business? The breast feeding question is always the hardest for me to answer because I really wanted to breast feed my son and I really really wanted to. Any Ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Relationships

• Dont tell them what is NOT happening...tell them what IS happening.
    "Are you BF?" answer with "We are happily using formula and look at his smile."
    "Where is his daddy?" answer with "Its just the two of us for a while and I stay busy because the baby likes to ________."
    Best wishes to yall!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• lol! I am sorry but the reason I lol is because my mil once asked a woman if she was breastfeedin? It's so intrusive and tactless. I have no idea how to handel it,I always avoid ppl like that or act as if I did not hear them.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• just say "Do you breastfeed?" hehe...or "where is your father?"
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Be glad you don't have triplets. Along with our autistic son we are stared at like freaks and get questioned all the friggin time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Tell them the truth. Tell them No to the breastfeeding and that you are a single mom. If they pursue their line of questioning about the dad tell them to ask him themselves why he's not more involved. There is nothing wrong with bottle feeding.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• honestly if you are uncomfortable with it then just tell them. maybe try saying well that is something i don't like to discuss and would prefer not to answer. they are probably asking because they have maybe been there and are just asking baby questions and not thinking its instrusive.
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 5:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Don't answer. Just change the subject.

Answer by louise2 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ask them Who are you again? I'm sorry but that's none of your business. I would rather not talk about personal things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Ask them how much they weigh? LOL When they look at you crazy, say "now you know how I feel"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009