fever & sweating ADVICE PLEASE

My son has had a high fever for 4 days. We've been to urgent care & are seeing the ped tomorrow.He woke up from a nap just now sweating-temp is 97. Is it breaking or should I still be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It could be breaking...I would just watch him, make sure he doesnt have any other symptoms and he is alert and responding to you.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• 97 doesn't sound bad but sometimes it goes up at night so I agree, just watch him and check it often

Answer by admckenzie at 4:54 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i would watch him and stay alert but it seems the fever could be breaking. I have noticed most kids sweat profusly when they are breaking a fever. the body sweats to cool it down.
    myegoisprego

Answer by myegoisprego at 4:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hehas been acting normal the whole time plaing and all. Now he seems miserable and groggy and wants me to hold him so thats why I am worried.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Sweating is a sign of a fever breaking. I would just watch him and keep giving him Tylenol if you are and like the PP said just watch him. Maybe make him some toast or something simple to eat.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Don't give him tylenol. There has been a recall on it. Apparently they found bacteria in it. Just letting you know.
    MaMaMo531

Answer by MaMaMo531 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 29, 2009