Second baby shower

A lot of people say a second baby shower isn't appropriate and some people say its fine.Its been five years since i was pregnant last and i really want another baby shower.What does everyone think of a second baby shower??

boogersmama

Asked by boogersmama at 4:56 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think the point of a baby shower is to celebrate a new baby. to me its kinda like saying you had a bday party last year so you don't get one this year, why not? but i'd also know that since it was the second shower some people won't agree and either won't come or won't bring a gift on principal but otherwise have your shower and have fun.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:58 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Do it. I asked this question a while back and got 30 people telling me that every baby needs to be celebrated! LOL, I just thought that etiquette wise it was inappropriate, but if no one else thinks it is, then it must not be inproper etiquette any more!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think it is a fun idea. It is a chance to get together with friends and talk babies and pregnancy. People should ask what you need. A second baby shower that I gave a while back was a diaper shower- people were to bring a box of diapers. It wasn't all that expensive for them, and it was something the mom could use. Or if not the diaper shower idea, there are plenty of little things the second time mom needs, especially with 5 years between babies.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think after 5 years people won't feel that way. I don't think many people would hang on to baby stuff that long. And I agree every baby should be celebrated!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:01 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hell I had two with one pregnancy.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:31 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'm in the same boat. I had two boys 16 months apart so I had plenty of things for the second baby. After 5 years, especially if this happens to be a girl, I'm really wanting a baby shower too. Do it!
    Glutenfreebaby

Answer by Glutenfreebaby at 6:06 PM on Sep. 29, 2009