What's the retirement plan for this job?

I had some down time so my mind started wondering into various weird ways of thought. For fun I was wondering just what the retirement plan was for being a parent. Does it have any, and if so what would it be?

*This is really a Just for Fun type post*

Knightquester

Asked by Knightquester at 5:07 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Plan A: move in with your kids when you get old
    Plan B: work until you die (do not recommend plan B)
    Plan C: marry a rich man
    Plan D: marry a young stud with a great job (woo woo!)
    Plan E: Lottery winner!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:13 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• My 14 year old asked me if his dad and I would go to a retirement home. I said yes. It will be a big ole' honkin' RV. When he builds his home, he is to put a concrete pad in the back yard with hook-ups for cable, water, electric, and sewer. When we need a "base", we will park there. He said that wasn't what he meant. I told him I knew what he meant - and - he knew what I meant. Yeah, the youngest gets the parents. Hope he gets a good job.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Lol, too funny Pnuckey! I will keep hoping for Plan E – Winning the Lotto sounds nice!

I didn't marry a rich man... forgot to put that in the job description (not smart I know lol), but I did marry a stud who landed a great job a year and a half ago... hopefully it will pay off over time.

I am not so sure I want to move in with my kids. One wants to live on Mars and be an astronaut (I'm not one for flying long distances anymore). Another wants to have hundreds of animals and be a vet (not sure I want to room with wall-to-wall fur balls), my youngest wants to be a superhero (not sure if there's much pay in that or that he'd be able to help support me. Don't they go in disguise and save people for free?). I do have one that wants to be a doctor with a huge house and maids because she says she doesn't want to cook or clean when she grows up. That does sound nice so I guess if I go with a kid she'd be it.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:14 PM on Sep. 30, 2009