Tell the truth, do you think motherhood sucks sometime?

Why can't we be honest with ourselves?..With eachother?..We al know it's hard. We all know it can get lonely. We all know that for the most part, friends & social life are slim to none. So please..Be honest with yourselves for once & admit that it's hard, that it sucks sometimes! lOl

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in General Parenting

• Absolutely! The thing I think is funny is that no one has written a candid book about it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• i'd write a candid book about it, but it'd probably get me in trouble ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:18 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Owe know I can't do that!!! Then you wouldn't think I was the perfect mom!!!!LOL!!!JJ Of coarse motherhood sucks sometime. Sometime I wish I would have either never had kids or waited. But it is what it is. The ups and downs of motherhood.

Answer by louise2 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I admit sometimes I want to give up my mommy title, but most days that only lasts a couple of minutes and then they do something cute and I feel that surge of love... damn little buggers!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• It's certainly a rough road - that's for sure...you know the days when the phone is ringing, both kids are crying, the house is trashed, dinner isn't getting done, and if you could just get a second to go pee!!
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 5:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Oh, yes it can be. I believe that the good moments outweigh (even if they don't outnumber) the bad. One big hug and kiss and and "I love you mom" can turn around a really shitty day. But as I've just finished scrubbing poop out of underwear for the second or third time that day, yes motherhood does suck.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I would have to say yes! After awaken up to a messy house, screaming 10 month old and a 4 year old who doesn't listen to damn thing I say. yep I have that being a mommy sucks thought. I also have being a wife sucks thought to, cuz hubby acts like one of my kids! lol. but that's whole different story!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:26 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Yes, sometimes. There were days when I wanted to get a babysitter and go away for a few weeks. LOL. I don't think I was ever perfect . And their Dad was away so often for so long (USAF) that it was all on my shoulders. That's what really sucked.But they turned out fine. And now I can relax. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• oh course we all think this a some point in time. i was very young when i got pregnant, and i was supposed to go on across country road trip with my bestie after graduation..well lil one came along and of course that hasnt happened..lol but i often wonder where id be if she hadnt come along when she did. i cant do the huge things i want to do just yet but at the same time i adore being a momma
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 5:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I think when it sucks the most though, is when the children aren't sleeping, so neither are you. I love being a mom, but at 3 o'clock in the morning, when your daughter hasn't slept in 5 days because she is sick and teething!! You begin to think "I slept before I had children....." And then, you go off on a little fantasy about what you would be doing if you weren't up at 3 am. Or when you have told your 8 year son seventeen times to make his bed and stop jumping on it...while you would never actually beat your child, you begin to understand how a desperate parent could get to that point.

However, then you hear a laugh, or an I love you Mommy, or the card comes home from school on Mother's day with the "10 reasons why my mom is the best" written in it! And you are sane for a while longer.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 29, 2009