• In the Spotlight:

How can I keep my 3 year old out of my bed in the middle of the night?

My daughter comes in my room in the middle of the night after waking up from a dream or something and she slipps inbetween my husband and I.

ashmom2

Asked by ashmom2 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Walk her back to her bed ... repeat if necessary ... she'll get the hint.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• my son does this and i just started telling him that he has to go back to his own bed. he usually cries as he is walking down the hall but as soon as he gets in bed he falls back asleep. some nights though i am just so tired and he is just so quiet i dont know he is there till be both wake in the a.m. :)
    trelimon

Answer by trelimon at 6:28 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Put them back to their own bed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I feel for you. My son is the same age and does the same thing. Normally all the advise you are recieving works unless it is 2 in the morning and he screams to be with you. Sometimes it is just easier to let them sleep with you. When he is a teenager you will miss these moments. My advise is to try to get him to go to his bed, but if it is a middle of night screaming to be with you I would just let him win. Pick your battles
    mar1215

Answer by mar1215 at 7:25 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Lock your bedroom door. When she pounds on the door and wakes you, take her back to her room.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:12 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• just give her kisses and hugs and take her back to her room and tuck her in....
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 9:26 AM on Oct. 1, 2009