To anyone who read my last question about my dog....

We took her to the vet today, and this is what I wrote to the breeder. Oh and if you didn't read my last post, we were having issues with my dog peeing when she fell asleep and having difficulty climbing stairs and getting up from laying down. So instead of writing it out twice, I am just pasting the e-mail I sent to her breeder....

OK, so basically, they are hoping she has a UTI (urinary tract infection), but we have to get a urine sample from her. She wouldn't pee while she was there, so we have to try to get some in the morning to take that back. The vet is concerned about her hips, but is hoping that maybe she is just sore from the UTI. They have put her on Glyco-Flex to hopefully help with her joints. If she comes back negative for the UTI, then we have to take her back in for x-rays and more testing. The vet is quite concerned because she is so young to be having joint issues.

Petie

Asked by Petie at 5:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pets

• It concerned me, though, because she was aggressive with the vet, which she has never been that way before. But it is a new vet. Her other vet had to close down (economy stuff) so this was a new place. She was so anxious that she was shedding horribly and then we had to muzzle her because she was becoming aggressive. I have never seen her that way before, so I know something is wrong. So, once again, we wait. I just wish it was something they could tell in one visit, but apparently, we have to wait a little longer to find out for sure what is going on.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 5:22 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• well a dog in pain will be aggressive so you can't offically hold that against her. They can't say STOP IT THAT FREAKING HURTS! So they respond with aggression. Also vet offices to some animals means shots and get things up the keester and well neither of them are very fun either. Wish you the best. And yes if either one of her parents have a history of bad hips it can manifest in young dogs. That would be 100 % the breeders fault.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 6:52 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The thing is her parents hips are good. And the breeder just went and had the two sisters hips checked and they are good. She did that as soon as we let her know that something was wrong with Fricka. So she is being very responsible about it and wants to be fully updated. She just let me know this morning that she went ahead and had the sisters checked. So it probably isn't the hips. Which is good, that means it should just be a UTI which is easily treatable.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 7:48 AM on Sep. 30, 2009