Do I teach my uncircumsized 2 year old boy to wipe with toilet paper?

Dominic is pretty much totally potty trained. He sits to pee, won't stand because he doesnt like touching his peepee. Since he doesn't stand and do the little shake they do to dry should I teach him to wipe? He does do it himself most of the time anyway because he sees his big sis and I do it.

MamaZena

Asked by MamaZena at 5:37 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Won't hurt anything. His future wife might even thank you some day, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• there's nothing wrong with a little "dabbing" -- circ'ed or not! LOL

As long as he's not retracting the skin -- it's all good either way.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I probably would not teach him to wipe. I would teach him to shake it off. Eventually he will be standing and eventually he'll be going potty like all the other big boys. I can only imagine how odd it would be for another boy to see your boy wipe his penis. lol. ...
    Besides, he's going to have to get comfortable touching his penis sooner or later.

My older son is not circumcised and i could not imagine teaching him to wipe after going pee.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 5:42 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Just make sure you don't let him pull back the foreskin to wipe. Or get any TP in his foreskin. My stepson was taught to wipe by pulling back his foreskin and wiping the head of his penis. He ended up with a terrible infection because the TP got trapped in his foreskin. And he didn't wipe at home (where he spends about 80% of his time), so for three days it was in there because he was taught at home not to pull back his foreskin. It was really bad the next time he went to his mom's house and she had him pull back his foreskin. Just be careful that he only wipes the outside. You clean his penis just like you would a finger. Just clean the outside.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The standard "shake" will be good enough lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009