my daughter is...

getting involved with the wrong guy. she is 17 and lets just say he is older then she is. alot older. i dont like it at all. she tells me im a bitch and tells me she hates me. what do i do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• If he is over 25 call the cops on him, he's a child molester!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• If he is under 25, I still say he is a child molestor. What could an older man want with a child? Really? It sure is not emotional maturity! Depending on your state there may be nothing you can do about a 17 y.o. sometimes you have to say your peace and let your ked screw her life up on her own. Sorry to say but alot of kids dont learn anything but the hard way after age 15.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:06 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Wow that IS a tough one. From a cop's point of view: not the legal point of view given that in Texas (where I live) at 17 your an adult so therefore no offense is committed and here you wouldn't be able to do anything legally.
    KiaraM

Answer by KiaraM at 12:26 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• My opinion comes from seeing many cases like yours...yep, we get called for EVERYTHING. Anyhow, it's a catch 22 because I've seen parents that strongly oppose a relationship like that and will do anything and everything within their ability to dissolve the relationship but that only worsens the situation...most of the time as I've also noticed that your child has, they (in this case your daughter) will become more obsessed per say with him. She may become angered that your not allowing her to do what she wishes and is not getting your support but on the other hand, it's understandable...you can't just stand there and do nothing. You didn't state his age but based on HER age, she's still young, mentally imature as compared to him, inexperienced...that's what he is prying on. I'd be very concerned also.
    KiaraM

• My advice to you is keep doing what your doing regardless of her calling you a bitch, the worst mother of all, some day she'll come to realize that you tell her what you do for a reason and that reason, bottom line is YOU know better. Someday she'll come to appreciate it and all that she is hurting you now will be well worth it. Strength mommy!
    KiaraM

• my 17 year old went on one date with a 27... i trusted her and after one date she saw to many differences
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I am 24 and my husband is 41 and we have been married for 5 years with 3 kids and my mother was not happy at all at first when i was dating him but i made my own choices because i have had some really bad past experinces with guys and i know i made a good choices i never lived with my mom cause we didnt get along so i felt she did not have a say on who i dated but now since i got married and mattured and had kids her and i are closer then ever. BUT! in your case your daughter is 17 and she lives under your house so i believe your house your rules! Your are being a good mom i be the same way.It is all up to you on what you feel is best
    demonfairy23

Answer by demonfairy23 at 3:57 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• the more you tell her you don't like this guy the longer she will see him as what she want's
    i learned with my 3 girls that you have to pick your battles
    i know you love her and only want what is best for her
    but sometimes you have to step back and let them find out on there own
    i bet if you stop saying how much you don't like him and or whatever the conversation maybe
    it will end alot quicker than you trying to push it
    scenekidsmom

Answer by scenekidsmom at 1:41 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I WOULDNT REPSOND TO IT... OBVIOUSLY SHE IS TRYIN TO GET UR ATTENTION.. AND THE ONLY ATTENTION SHE WILL GET IS NEGATIVE.. SO BETTER NOT TO SAY ANYTHING.. SHE WILL GET TIRED OF BITCHING.. N MOVE ON THE NEXT THING SHE THINKS MAY BUG YOU..
    MAMIMARIE760

Answer by MAMIMARIE760 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Nothing my kids hate when I will not offer advice when they especially need it. She will see him for who he is and she already loves you for who you are. If that does'nt work there are other ways we new yorkers deal with elderly gents tasteing to forbidden in fact I knew this fella same sort of story and one day he just stopped coming round. We seen him at a carnival and he ran away???????? You get my drift she will come around when she realizes you will not fight her any longer.
    Michelle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2008