is there a 'special needs' section?

Robsgal78

Asked by Robsgal78 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No but I think it's an awesome one to request for this section.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 5:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I know there is Special Needs groups, i belong to a few, but you bring up a good point. I think a special needs section would be helpful because i usually only post those questions in my groups. I think there would be a better chance to get more help and responses if there were a special needs section here.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:21 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• There should be a special needs section as well as a could I be preggo section, and what would you do section.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:41 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• That's a great idea! Like team21, I tend to post questions in the special needs groups I'm in too.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I agree with the others it would be a great idea, put it under parenting. My issue with groups is that my kids don't fit into any of the nice catagories so a lot of my questions are hard for people to answer. Also it seems that people assume once your child is past about 5 or 6 you are all set and don't need much help.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:22 PM on Sep. 30, 2009

• I have often thought this myself, we need an Answers section for special needs parenting issues, too. teamquinn, you're right, once your child gets to a certain age, it becomes harder to find others who can relate to your situation, especially when your child doesn't fit into one of the nice categories, as you said.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2009

• I was JUST thinking this when I was looking at the questions! They really should have a special needs answer section!
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2009