what do you think about being pregnant?

i wasnt planning on becomming pregnant now that i am i have gone through the same ole same ole questions every expecting mother does i spose. since that is so, let me know im not the only one and that im not a bad person for thinking the things that i do.

1. i never thought of abortion- i want this baby just not so sure about the rest of my life
2. im only 19!! i never did get to go thru the partying stage, ive never had a lot of friends and the 2 months before i was pregnant i was having so much fun in life. not extreme hardcore partying just kicking it and meeting new people who were fun and drinking a bit.im sad i cant do that now.
3. i feel like everything i had before i was pregnat (looks, A JOB, friends, feeling any sort of feminity, a sense of taking care of myself) has vanished completly..
im sad that all my friends dont wanna hang out with me anymore (then obviously they werent my friends) that dsnt help..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ok, let me tell you I went through a LOT of this, too when I got pregnant. I was 19 when I got pregnant and had my DD when I was 20. I had only been living with my roomates out of my parents house about one month when I got pregnant, and I felt like everything was going downhill, too. I had just finally gotten a sense of independance and started having a bit of fun. I was always uptight and did homework constantly and didn't ever get to just hang out like all of my friends did. I finally had that, and it was suddenly gone. I don't see my friends anymore, and it isnt' because they aren't my friends, it is because being a parent is SO much more important to me than going partying. My SO and I go out about once every 2 months (since I turned 21) just to spend time together and let me go through stuff I didn't ever have the chance to before the baby. I LOVE my DD SO much and I would never change it for the world. But it is hard.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• And it is a lot of work, and you are not going to suddenly change how you feel overnight. If you need to get some help, there is nothing wrong with going and talking to someone. The thing you have to keep in mind is that your baby needs you to grow up and be there for it. And trust me, the rest of your life you can still do what you need/want to do! I am just going back to college after taking a year off, so I work full time, I take online classes full time and I do EVERYTHING for my baby. (Her dad, my BF, helps a lot, too, but I do the primary work all alone). And I am going to be done with school very soon and I will be a registered nurse! We are saving money to buy a house and everything it working out SO well. Just look on the bright side, if I can do it, from the same situation you're in now, you can do it, too! If you want to talk more, you can email me.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• The partying stage of my life was useless- I wish i was doing something as productive as raising a child.

Hey- whenever you're out look for moms with kids and look at their body- it's frakking amazing how many skinny biatches have little rugrats with them. ''

Oh and don't let yourself go during your pregnancy. Do an exercise video everyday, I let myself get fat and it's disgusting.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:55 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I felt the exact way you do when I first got pregnant. I found out I was pregnant 2 days after my 20th birthday and now I'm due on friday. As this pregnancy went on, those feelings got better. I went from seeing this as the end of my life to seeing this as the beginning of my life. My life was pointless before, I partied and did whatever I wanted but now, I actually have something to live for. I may not have her yet but my daughter is my entire world now. In all honesty, I'd rather spend my days and nights taking care of her then going out. There will be days to go out and have fun on your own.
    You're not a bad person and won't be a bad mom for thinking that way. It's completely normal. Remember, having a child is a HUGE life changing experience and you will feel all kinds of emotions. Good luck mama!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• I'm 19 right now and going through the samething. keep your head up xoxo
    katsogrimey

Answer by katsogrimey at 8:30 PM on Sep. 29, 2009

• Hey, I was only 16 when I had my first baby, not even out of Hs. Totally know how you feel. My friends were going to prom, I was home nursing. My BF was out with his friends, I was home nurrsing LOL but you know what? I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. My babies are my life. I had all the same fears. Felt like an alien the whole time I was preggers, lost all but 1 (true) friend, and gave up my life. Once you hold your baby, all of your feelings will change, your instincts that you never knew you had take over your doubts and fears. You have never, ever known love untill you have held your own baby. Prayers to you, and love.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:19 AM on Sep. 30, 2009

• Thank you guys so much for your support. I hate needing it but i know i needed to hear some words of encouragement and experience. i know things will change when i hold letidi my baby girl. <3 i iwsh we could all hang out lol.
    Anonymous